I'm a NON US resident but I have a SSN and I formed an LLC in Wyoming. Do I have to apply for EIN or I can use my SSN? I am the only member of an LLC.


You need to register for an EIN from the IRS before you start cutting paychecks and withholding taxes for your employees. In the US there is a layer of Federal requirements on top of the state-level requirements, and this is one of those cases: there’s not going to be a Wyoming-specific EIN but instead an EIN from the IRS. See irs.gov for the online form.

| improve this answer | |
  • Does it change the situation that it's a single member LLC? – milanb Jun 1 at 0:59

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.