I just filed a federal tax-filing-deadline extension for myself.

Does Washington state require a separate one?

Turbo Tax didn't mention anything about it (I used it to file my extension) and it wasn't one of the states on their list of states with specific extension instructions.

  • 2
    What state tax(es) are you asking about? Washington State has a "Business & Occupation tax", a "sales tax", "workers' compensation insurance", "unemployment insurance", and a real estate transfer tax, but does not have an "income tax".
    – Jasper
    Apr 19, 2016 at 3:25

1 Answer 1


Washington State doesn't have a state income tax for individuals, so unless you've got a business there's nothing to file. Find out more on their website.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .