This question is regarding income tax in USA for non-resident aliens. In order to show my capital gains and electric vehicle tax credit,

do I need to mention/add/substract anything in the form 1040 NR-EZ


do I just fill out the forms f1040s1 and f8936 and let IRS figure out the rest?


According to the instructions (third and sixth boxes in the checklist on the left), capital gains income excludes you from using the EZ version, and you can't claim the EV tax credit on it either. You'll need to use the full 1040NR.

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.