Recently I've been coming across many on-line resources that propose people to pay them in order to to get seemingly gigantic profits.
This is what the 'About us' page of such sites normally says:
Extremely-Successfull-Corporation is a new dynamically developing investment project which helps you earn (loads of!) money quickly and easily!
Our team manages the funds that you provide us with and invests them in stocks, real estate and lots of other stuff. We are 185.67% professional traders and guarantee that each your investment will result in 125% profit for you! The only thing you have to do is deposit money and wait for the revenue for 24 hours.
Join us today and start earning money right away!
They also provide a lot of links to various social networks where people praise that investment company and even post photos of (quite a lot of) money they say they've earned only thanks to it.
How this works
Basically, they say that you kinda lend them money, they use it in investment and then return that amount multiplied by
I got curious about this thing and decided to try it out, although I was (and I am) pretty sure that this is scam. So, I've chosen a random site out of tens of similar sites that provided such 'service'. This is what I had to do to invest into... what?
- Creating an account is easy: you supply an e-mail and create a username and a password. It looks like the e-mail is never used after that.
- I had to create a Qiwi wallet and deposit some money to it as it was the only way to deposit money to the account.
- After that the site told me to provide it with the number of my wallet and transfer the amount of money I'd like to put onto my account to another Qiwi wallet and supply my username as a comment to the payment.
- After that I had to put the transaction code into a field on the site to verify the payment.
- The payment was completed successfully, and I pressed the Deposit button to deposit 100Something. The site immediately accepted it and started the 24 hour countdown constantly showing that after that 120Something will be on my balance.
- Right now I must wait for 24 hours to see
my money lostthe revenue.
The problem is, I don't understand, how such sites work. Is that scam or not? Some of my friends told me that they've actually received the revenue after they deposited a bit of money to similar sites, and I don't have any evidence not to trust them.
If such sites really 'work', then how and why?
Why would anyone trust them so much to give them money for absolutely no reason? Okay, I'm not so clever, but they can't make profit only because of stupid people, can they?
Why there seem to be so many people in different social networks who claim the site has helped them to earn money? If this was scam, the creators of the site would have to pay them so these people wrote their
advertisements posts, to my mind: nobody would like to advertise someone's business for free, right? Then, how do the site's owners make profit?
Anyway, who will give you 120$ after you gave them only 100$?
Could someone please explain: are such sites scam or they could be not scam?
Surprisingly enough, I was able to receive 1.2 times my deposit and transfer it to my Qiwi wallet.
What I learned from the answers, Wikipedia and Google is that such schemes allow the 'clients' (actually, victims) to win probably several times and then suddenly disappear with all the investments. So now I'm planning to run away from that site as fast as I can, but another question has arisen: is there any way to determine that today or tomorrow the scammers will disappear with the money? Can there be any signs (except inability to withdraw the money, of course)?