My wife and I have lived in NC state for more than 10 years. I enrolled in an online program in the state university for continuing education one year ago. And eventually I will get a degree in 3 or 4 years. We own a house in NC. We are NC state residents and I enjoy the in-state tuition.

Now the question is I might relocate to another state at the end of the year 2015 because of a career change. My wife will still live in NC. We will still keep our house and pay the property tax. I still want to take classes in the future. My question is whether I will still pay the in-state tuition?

  • 2
    I don't know enough to really answer this question, but you might consider checking residency requirements of the states themselves, and the university. Not sure if this is your school, but others probably have similar documentation available.
    – briantist
    Commented Jun 4, 2015 at 1:12
  • @briantist, not this school but they are in the same NC high education system. The policy is almost same.
    – Love
    Commented Jun 4, 2015 at 1:18

1 Answer 1


If you keep your billing and mailing addresses the same then you could still qualify for in state tuition. Also, your state ID/driver's license needs to stay in NC. The only question remains is the ethical one... though if you still consider NC your home then even that is not an issue.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .