Is there any online service that provides (in any format whatsoever) historical foreign exchange rates, with bid/ask values? Intra-day would be preferred, but end-of-day is also of interest.
Here are three sites I can recommend:
- ERS International Macroeconomic Data Set: This is annualised data put out by the US Department of Agriculture Economic Research Service and isn't too bad;
- XE: This is a commercial service which can supply a currency instream but also provides historical data and a fair amount of info available free from the site.
- UN Data: This is my favourite site for global data sourcing. You sometimes have to hunt a bit but this search brought up quite a bit and you may find what you're looking for directly.
- majors since 2007, tick by tick
- minors since 2010, tick by tick
- also covers XAUUSD and XAGUSD