I work from home and had income from 3 sources

1) as an employee of an S corp (which I'm a small part owner of) main source of income 2) Consulting done under my name individually, separate from my day job 3) A single member LLC was created for the apple app store

All 3 are coding related in a dedicated home office room sharing the same equipment. Do I need to file a 8829 for each income or combine them all on one?

  • Employees and partners are not supposed to use Form 8829. You might want to ask an accountant if this applies to employees and owners of S Corporations or not. Commented Mar 26, 2012 at 13:01

1 Answer 1


I've actually had the same problem several years running, and it's solved by filing my corporate taxes, then taking those schedules, and applying them to my 1040, along with a Schedule C You'll want to work with an accountant on this, but basically you're going to take the total set of business expenses as 1 chunk, then write them off your income (as one chunk). I always recommend an accountant for this, but that's the general idea that I've used, and for the last 10 years, it's worked great.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .