I turned 18 in September 2010. I filed my income tax for 2010. Will I receive an HST rebate cheque for June 2011? How much could I expect?

2 Answers 2


Yes, since you filed your 2010 income tax return and were 18 or older on May 31, 2011 (the qualification date for the final cheque), then you should receive a rebate cheque for $100.

Note that you would have also qualified for the December 2010 cheque since you were also 18 on November 30, 2010 (the qualification date for the second cheque), but unfortunately, you would have needed to filed your 2009 taxes by April 30th, 2011.


See This Answer Ontario harmonized sales tax (HST) transition benefit rebate cheques which should help you.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.