I've moved to the United States in November 2016. I am getting widows pension from UK, do I have to file a US tax return for 2016?

  • what is your status in the US? have you been in the US before you moved?
    – user102008
    Nov 30, 2016 at 18:41
  • 1
    You moved without getting this sort of basic advice first? Given that, I really think you should see a financial counselor to do a sanity check of your financial arrangements to make sure the (very) basics are covered.
    – gef05
    Dec 1, 2016 at 9:46

1 Answer 1


Your best bet is to wait until January and go here.

Chance are if you do have to file, it will be an easy form that some sites offer for free.

  • 1
    I'm afraid this link is broken now
    – BrianH
    Dec 30, 2016 at 17:47

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .