Is it possible to get a UK visa gift card while in the US? For instance, is there a place to purchase a UK visa gift card while still residing in the states and get it sent to me before leaving?


Yes, in fact I used this method for my travels to the UK. You can get one from Travelex, and you can even get it on the spot in some of their locations.

  • Thanks! Do you have to register a UK address? Or any address for these? I can't seem to find that detail out. – Nate Ritter Jan 11 '15 at 22:02
  • @nateritter I registered my US address. – littleadv Jan 11 '15 at 22:09
  • Thanks for all your help! This is amazing. I didn't know about this before. Can you still buy products online with it? What if I wanted to change the address to one in the UK? Is that possible? – Nate Ritter Jan 11 '15 at 22:12
  • @nateritter I used it in places where chip and pin card is required, since the US cards don't have this feature. Haven't tried online purchases. – littleadv Jan 11 '15 at 22:14
  • Ok. I'd love to know this if you have any way of finding out. I'd really appreciate it. – Nate Ritter Jan 11 '15 at 22:15

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.