I was thinking in a situation for example like an accident, resulting in a coma or something like that.
Is it possible to allow someone else to manage our bank or PayPal accounts in that case?

  • 1
    Are you looking for technical mechanisms (sharing credentials when certain things happen) or legal mechanisms (springing and durable power of attorney)? – Ben Voigt Feb 22 at 15:10
  • I don't want to share my credentials (or maybe yes but if there is a way to limit the access only in case of emergency). I think then is more a legal power, but again, only in case of emergency – Enrique Feb 22 at 19:46
  • A password manager with the master password written down somewhere safe (e.g. a safe deposit box in a bank). – Kevin Feb 22 at 23:31
  • Possibly: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/… – chili555 Feb 23 at 1:19
  • 1
    @Enrique: You don't need a lawyer to establish a power of attorney. You can buy kits with forms for your location (or the location where your bank is headquartered) and fill in the blanks, then sign with an appropriate witness (usually a notary). You want the form for springing and durable power of attorney. – Ben Voigt Feb 23 at 6:07

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.