Nope, the IRS just deals with federal. You'll have to work with your state's department/office of revenue to settle up with them.


This depends on the taxation laws, but generally: If you have invented a trick to avoid taxes, it may be considered inappropriate by the tax authorities. Where I live, this goes as far as this: if you sell a stock and immediately buy it back to optimize your taxation, they won't accept it. Even still, taxation is typically applied to all gains: income and ...


I don't think so, but I would check with an accountant to make sure. You will probably also want to consult with an attorney to draw up a proper lease. Some may say that this is totally avoiding taxes, but it isn't. When you go to sell the property, your cost basis will be less and therefore you will potentially have to pay more taxes then if you had ...

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible