New answers tagged

0 votes

Difference in the Capital gain due to exchange rates

As far as the US is concerned, all economic activity you report on your tax return occurred in USD. Any time a transaction occurs in another currency, it should be converted to the USD equivalent at ...
Grade 'Eh' Bacon's user avatar
4 votes

I want to reinvest in a stock after 2 years of not investing

The profit is not reduced. If you invest in more of the stock it is a separate transaction. Your original profit isn't affected. Your current holdings should not affect whether or not you buy more of ...
JohnFx's user avatar
  • 53k

Top 50 recent answers are included