New answers tagged

3

You could offer less. You must be prepared to walk away at that point though, as the seller is within their rights to completely withdraw the sale. When I bought my property, the conveyancer advised me not to proceed due to non standard construction. I wanted the house anyway as it was better than other properties i'd looked at. I called the Estate ...


4

You are proposing to gazunder. I can't speak for what might be 'best' for you personally, but I don't know of anyone who thinks this is a noble practice. how would it be best to approach this Tell your conveyancer to tell the seller's conveyancer. Both these parties might try and talk you out of it.


2

This post might be really dark and cynical, but these are the facts: Some predictions state that between 40% and 70% of the world population will catch COVID-19 sooner or later. The WHO estimates a mortality rate of about 3.4% Mortality rates are much higher among older people Home ownership is far more common among older people This means that within one ...


6

It's unlikely that you would be able to have firm evidence of a sudden drop in price so rapidly. Reason for that is that the real estate market is a bit peculiar: Transactions take time to put together and it can take a long time for prices to adjust. The real estate market is not nearly as liquid as the stock market, international commodity markets or ...


2

Stocks dropping are telling you that the economy is hurting and so is demand for assets. Those are big negatives for real estate prices. Usually when stocks drop the financial authorities cut rates which can have the follow-on effect of making long end rates lower, but rates are already very low so we won't get the typical tailwind to real estate prices ...


0

mostly with borrowed capital (around 80%) This is too high in my opinion. There has been a period in history in Amsterdam when real house prices fell 80%, leaving only 20% (source). True, it happened over a period of 37 years (1778-1815). Shorter term crashes are usually more limited, easily leaving 50% of the house price value left. If you pay your loan ...


7

First understand that when the stock market drops like this, it absolutely can impact you, even if you aren't "in the stock market", because when stock prices decrease that's an indication that the market believes those companies are going to be performing worse. ie:if Apple shares drop 10%, the market believes (to be simplistic) that the total foreseeable ...


Top 50 recent answers are included