New answers tagged

1 vote

Roth IRA contribution limit based on salary if salary changes

The limits are based on how much you earn in the entire tax year, not necessarily your salary at that time. If you get a substantial raise and find out that you've already over-contributed based on ...
  • 117k
3 votes

How do I reverse an excess 401K Contribution?

You contact the custodian and ask for an excess contribution withdrawal. However, there's a decent chance that the custodian will refuse, since you have not in fact contributed in excess. I know of ...
  • 134k

Top 50 recent answers are included