New answers tagged


Yes, it's taxable. Confirm it with this IRS free tool. See if you can apply more of the money to qualified, required educational expenses. If you can reduce the $3k in unearned income to $2100, there will be no need to fill out Form 8615 (the kiddie tax). You may be able to claim an educational tax credit, in any case.

Top 50 recent answers are included