4 of 4 Pretty sure this is a site to discuss "stocks" not "sticks" ;) / Clarity

No. You should only donate appreciated stock.

If you own a stock at a loss, you can only deduct the FMV (fair market value) when you donate. Instead, you should sell it, take the loss on your taxes, and donate the cash.