Which is better for your credit score, in terms of paying off a loan?
- Paying the minimum every month, on time, through the entire period of the loan
- Paying a certain amount above the minimum every month, on time, until the loan is paid off a bit early
- Paying the minimum every month until you've saved up enough money to pay off the rest of the loan, then paying off the loan in one lump sum at some point earlier than the term of the loan
- Paying above the minimum every month and then paying it off with a lump sum
- Something else? A combination of the above?
Assume the loan does not have a prepayment penalty, though if that makes a difference in terms of credit please explain.
I'm in the USA so I'm looking for either USA-centric answers or globalized answers - I believe these things differ from country to country so please keep that in mind if it is the case.