I'm an international student in the USA on an F1 Visa. I just want to know if I can use Robinhood app on my visa status. I've found some posts on Quora that say trading is completely legal, but should not be on a daily basis. It's mentioned that trading should be only a passive source of income. Can someone clarify further?

Thank you.


You can trade with Robin Hood if you have a SSN to sign up with Robinhood. Submit a W-8 form as zero taxes for non-US citizen.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.