Is there any investment vehicles to tax shelter income for retirement on top of RRSP & Pension?

I know about LIRA. When you switch job you usually get your pension funds transferred into LIRA.

Is there anything else?

  • 1
    Consider the TFSA & RESP. – Grade 'Eh' Bacon Jul 13 '18 at 15:36
  • @Grade'Eh'Bacon not sure how can you use RESP for retirement? – Connect The Dots Jul 13 '18 at 15:45
  • 2
    If you are going to try and pay for your children's post-secondary education, better to use an RESP for that purpose, thereby increasing your available funds for retirement (by increasing the impact of your saving for your children's education, effectively saving you money). If this doesn't apply to you, then it doesn't apply. – Grade 'Eh' Bacon Jul 13 '18 at 17:07

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.