I have a fulltime job with a company but in my spare time I do some contractor work for a few clients I gathered overtime. I understand that I have to pay income tax at the end of the year over my gross income I make extra as a contractor, but what about CPP? Do I have to contribute to CPP if I make, let's say 20K extra a year as a contractor? And if so, how would I make those payments?

For the income tax part, I can simply add my gross income of contractor work on top of my income I make through my regular job and then pay the tax bill. I am not sure what I have to do with this CPP thing.

Also please note that I did not register a company. I am doing business under my own personal name and I have no employees. It's literally just some part-time work I do on the side and I charge an hourly rate to my clients.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.