I am Canadian and have worked in USA from Jun 2000 - Dec 2006. I have paid all the taxes, Can I get back my social security which I paid during my stay in USA?


Social Security tax is a tax that people working in the US must pay. You cannot "get it back".

  • 2
    Worse yet, since the OP has not worked for 40 quarters in the US as yet, he is not eligible (at this time) to receive any Social Security benefits as a result of the Social Security tax paid thus far. – Dilip Sarwate Jun 30 '18 at 17:19
  • @DilipSarwate: Yes, but the US might have a treaty with his country that allows it to be counted for social security in his country. – user102008 Jun 30 '18 at 18:33
  • 1
    @user102008 if so, you should add that to your answer, preferably with a source – briantist Jun 30 '18 at 21:33
  • 1

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .