Let's assume a non-US citizen living in country A (non-EU) sets up a single-owner LLC in country B (the US) and opens a business account in country C (EU/Lithuania).

Then this account received incoming payments for professional services conducted outside the US for a non-US entity or a non-US citizen.

  • Does this create tax liabilities anywhere else than in country A?

  • For the answer to this, do the total payment amounts matter?

  • 1
    This site is strictly about personal finance. This is straying into business finance territory. It's also impossible to answer without knowing the identity of at least country C. – DJClayworth Jun 24 '18 at 3:04
  • One might argue that this is personal because of single owner. But I will look for the appropriate exchange, Cross-Post and delete, you're right. – sudonym Jun 24 '18 at 3:05
  • @DJClayworth just checked, personal finance & money is the Stackexchange site that fits this topic closest. – sudonym Jun 24 '18 at 3:11
  • 1
    'Fits closest' does not mean on topic. But let's see what the community thinks. – DJClayworth Jun 24 '18 at 3:12
  • I agree - there is no business finance SE :( – sudonym Jun 24 '18 at 3:14

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.