I have some stocks in a brokerage account in France. How can I move them to a brokerage account based in the United States?

  • 1
    You're not the first person to want to do this so contact your broker. They will let you know solutions exist. – Bob Baerker Jun 10 '18 at 11:38
  • 1
    I've had it done- it was pretty easy. I think I just told the US broker that the transfer was going to take place, and then filled out a few forms with the French broker (proving it was me, etc.). They took care of it. – BobT Jun 10 '18 at 21:09
  • @BobT Thanks, interesting 1) in which currency(ies) did you purchase and sell these stocks? 2) did you have to pay any transfer fees? – Franck Dernoncourt Jun 10 '18 at 21:57
  • In what way would currency matter? You are moving stocks, not money. – chirlu Jun 10 '18 at 22:01
  • I don't believe I paid any transfer fees... I didn't sell the stocks, so the currency was irrelevant. – BobT Jun 11 '18 at 2:52

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .