Hi I'm trying to sell a financed car. I have around 5k left to pay through Wells Fargo and and I'm selling the car for 10k. A few questions:
Q1: Do I still have to fill out a Bill of Sale and a Release of Liability of I'm financing the vehicle?
Q2: Are there any other paperworks I or the buyer need to fill out?
Q3: Also another question: Is this a safe and appropriate way to sell my car?
- Receive the money from buyer into my bank account via wire transfer
- Make sure money is confirmed in my account and then release the car to buyer
- Pay off car to Wells Fargo (my financing company)
- After Wells Fargo receives my payment, I will have Wells Fargo send the lien and title to the buyer directly
- Seller and buyer handles everything with DMV
Thanks for all the help