I received my H1B on October 1, 2017 and my wife is on H4 visa.

As I wanted to opt for the First Yr choice method, I filed for an extension in April, 2018 as I was unable to satisfy the Substantial Presence test. Now, I have satisfied the SBT.

What is the procedure for opting for the First Year choice method and filing taxes as Resident alien (married filing jointly)?


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.