I have a 32 year old CD, and access to tax records.The bank has no records, the original banks have closed due to mergers and the state has no record of escheat. How do I cash this CD or where can I cash it?


  • 1
    Have you tried your state's "lost money" service? Most have them, and that can sometimes be more thorough than other methods of identifying things like this. (If you don't know what i'm talking about, add the state tag and we can point you to it) – Joe May 14 '18 at 21:06
  • What documents are on this CD? Does it still work? – user45830 May 17 '18 at 8:38

Did you try the FDIC research site: https://research.fdic.gov/bankfind/ FDIC says this is the first stop to try to find closed/merged banks.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.