Just got notice that our house is being put up for sale and that we need to be out in 6 months. This is not an early termination, but a notice we will not be able to renew our lease.
Since we'll likely need to move again in a year when my wife goes back to work this puts us in a tough spot: Stay until the end of the lease and then try to find 6 month housing or break our current lease and find a one-year rental right now.
The latter looks easier but it only really makes sense if we're able to get out of our current lease smoothly.
Update: Could not get hold of the landlord (they are behind a property management company that didn't share his contact). We found a nice place that lets us move in when the original notice was for (November). But, as of this morning, the landlord changed his mind and wants us out ASAP.