I was in Germany last year for more than six months and I have a valid RP as well. Now, I am planning to move back to Germany for just 2 months for a work assignment under Short-term WP.

Now my question is since I do not need to do anmeldung / local registration since the period of stay is less than 3 months. So, If I don't register, which tax-class would I fall under? Will it be tax-class I, which I used to be under earlier when I left Germany last year and since I have a valid RP?


Would I fall under tax-class VI? because I remember when last time I entered Germany, initially I was under tax-class6 till the time I did not apply for RP.

and other questions is? since I am moving after 175 days to Germany again, would my RP become alive again as I entered Germany or I require the Anmeldung to make sure it does not get expire after 5 days. as It is approaching the time-limit of 180 days.

thanks Ankit

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.