I want to use the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion when doing my U.S. taxes, but I have not yet been present in a foreign country for the required 330 days. Because of this, I used Form 2350, "Application for Extension of Time to File U.S. Income Tax Return". I mailed it almost two months ago. However, I have not yet received any notification telling me if my extension was approved or not.

Is there a way to check if my form was received and if it has been processed? If not, and assuming I don't receive a notice in time for the due date, do I have to file my taxes on the normal due date and without claiming the Income Exclusion?

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .