I have received 1042-S which contain income code 37, which is the return of capital. This amount is not taxable to me and the amount withheld was already repaid to me. Is there a need to report it somewhere in the 1040NR (which line or schedule).

I am a non resident alien. Thank you.


1 Answer 1


No need to report as income. Return of capital doesn't go anywhere on the tax return. This is true for residents & non-residents.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .