I am a US citizen living in Australia, 61 and made a small withdrawal from my 401K which they deducted 30% for tax.

I received a 1042-S form from my 401k company for a withdrawal I made. DO I file the 1042-s with my 1040 or do I transfer it to a 1099-MISC and then report it. I would assume too that I report the income on line 21? Can I claim back the tax on my 1040?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.