I'm an international graduate student living in Canada from September 2016. I didn't submit any tax forms corresponding to 2016 last year. Now, I am about to gather all required slips (T4, T4A, T2202A, etc.) of 2017. I'm wondering whether or not I can submit the forms of 2016 and 2017 simultaneously.

1 Answer 1


I just found a FAQ-based clarification here saying:

I didn't file my income taxes in previous years. Can I file taxes for past years now?

Yes. You can file a tax return to claim a refund for the previous ten years. Attach receipts for all the deductions or credits you are claiming. Tax forms for previous years can be downloaded from the Canada Revenue Agency website.

You must log in to answer this question.