I'm planning to invest/save some extra money on a monthly basis probably around $100-200 or so. I'm not sure where I should put it from the following options
- RRSP (probably open a TD e-series account)
- Non-registered Mutual Fund (again in a TD e-series account)
- Extra Mortgage payments
- I'm in the high-rate tax bracket and
- I have regular savings for holidays/emergencies/RESP and I have an ING Mutual Fund.
- I have a fair amount of headroom in my allowed RRSP contributions.
- I have a 5 year fixed rate mortgage at 3.79%
- I'm 36
The plan would be for these payments to form part of a long term investment but probably not as far out as retirement age