I live, work, and pay my taxes in the UK. My wife is:

  • an Italian citizen
  • living in the UK
  • working remotely for an Italian company, and
  • paying her taxes in Italy.

Can she request a NINO and open an ISA? I have maxed out my ISA allowance and would find it useful to start using hers, if she is entitled to have one.


1 Answer 1


Yes if she is a UK resident.


Who can open an ISA You must be:

  • 16 or over for a cash ISA
  • 18 or over for a stocks and shares or innovative finance ISA
  • 18 or over but under 40 for a Lifetime ISA
  • resident in the UK

Rules for UK residence:


You’re automatically resident if either:

  • you spent 183 or more days in the UK in the tax year

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .