Would it would be wise to stop contributing to my current 403b retirement fund and switch to an IRA?
- 403b has no employer match .
- 403b is currently with Fidelity.
- I am young and a new homeowner.
- I currently set aside 5% (I know I should do more) per paycheck into the fund.
My current investment portfolio is:
- JPM US EQUITY R6 (50%)
- EV AC SMID CAP R6 (15%)
- FID TOT INTL IDX IPR (15%)
- HTFD INTL OP HLS IA (10%)
- PRU TOTAL RTN BD Q (10%)
My MAGI is just under 61,000$
My thought is that I might be able to find more diverse options with lower fees if I move out of my 403b, and I really gain nothing from being in the 403b at this time since there is no match (other than convenience). However I'm already mostly in index funds so I'm not sure how much lower in fees I can go.