On the IRS Website for current year, there is "Form 1099-Misc" for 2018. The 2018 form is due by the end of January 2019. If we click Prior Year link, we get forms for 2016.

I need "Form 1099-Misc" for 2017 which is due to be turned in by the end of January 2018.

Where is it? Please no paid services. Just the PDF.


1 Answer 1


On the IRS page that you linked, in the “Other Items You May Find Useful” section, there is a link that says:

All Form 1099-MISC Revisions

You’ll find the 2017 Form 1099-MISC there.

  • 1
    What's with the big scary warning at the beginning of the form?
    – jkd
    Jan 25, 2018 at 5:29
  • There's nothing like a section called 'Previous Years' eh?
    – smci
    Jan 25, 2018 at 8:38
  • Alternatively, search for "1099" using their own search form. Or if they have a consistent naming, then it should be appended with _17 on their file name, e.g. irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1099msc_17.pdf
    – Andrew T.
    Jan 25, 2018 at 10:50
  • So, it turns out the form there is not able to be filed with the IRS, hence removing marking the answer as correct. I'm going with a paid online service after all. Thank you everyone for the info!
    – javaandy
    Jan 27, 2018 at 10:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.