My sister lives in Damascus Syria. She wants to put her savings (in US dollars) in an ETF or mutual fund like VTSAX. So here are the questions:

  1. Is there a brokerage firm that caters to people like that in the middle East and Africa? if not :
  2. Can a US resident open an account on behalf of a forign person?
  3. What sort of tax does a foreigner investor have to pay on short/long term gain?
  • 1
    You might give Interactive Brokers a call or e-mail. – misantroop Jan 15 '18 at 23:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.