Over one month ago before I left Israel, I wire transferred funds from Israel to US Bank. As of today, US Bank stated that they have not seen the transfer. I have contacted the bank in Israel several times by e-mail, but they stopped responding after the first two weeks.

Is there some entity I can contact to get this matter solved. Phone calls are not an option, as language and time zone issues prevent it.

  • 1
    Hm. Sounds like you might have exhausted all of your options. Do you have paper work confirming the transaction?
    – Michael
    Dec 11, 2017 at 23:01
  • I hope you printed a "receipt" showing that you wired the money. Otherwise, you have no proof.
    – RonJohn
    Dec 12, 2017 at 2:19

2 Answers 2


The best agency to resolve the issue is a financial controller equivalent in the state of Israel. This would be equivalent to the United States'

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), a U.S. government agency that makes sure banks, lenders, and other financial companies treat you fairly.

To my knowledge, if the transfer never hit a US-regulated bank, the best option would be to pursue it from the sender in Israel. If this means hiring a lawyers to pursue the case in Israel, it might be worthwhile given the sum involved.


After writing to the Bank, the next step is to contact the "Banking Ombudsman" of the said Bank. This information should be available on the Banks website.

The Central bank in Israel has mandated that all Banks have a mechanism to resolve customer complaints in 45 days.

If you are not satisfied with the Banks response, you can raise the grievance to Central bank via email under "Complaints on Banking Services and Information on Banks​ ​"

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .