- good internet banking, which works on any browser
- phone banking
- accounts in multiple currencies (USD and EUR are a must - others would be nice to have)
- can convert from one currency to another without going through a third one
- card which works everywhere - ATM, POS, internet shopping
- different cards for accounts in different currencies - very useful if - say - I keep both USD and EUR and want to have the choice of which account to spend from without having to convert before spending
- low fees for withdrawals from any ATM
- if card, pin, etc is lost, they can send it to me anywhere in the world
- credit card
Possibly other points that you think are important for a "travel-friendly" bank.
So far I didn't meet any bank that is good enough for my travel needs, but I'm probably not looking in the right place.
I don't care where the bank is located - even whether it has a physical address or is online-only.