My son is studying (for his undergraduate degree) in India and he has an Education Loan also.

He works for US-based company as an intern, and he is getting a stipend. The stipend is remitted by the US-based company, from the US to my son in India. Is this remittance Taxable as per the Income Tax Act in India?

  • Hi Santosh, I edited the question to be a little more clear - you are welcome to edit in additional details if I was mistaken in my edit. – Grade 'Eh' Bacon Sep 12 '17 at 13:52

Yes this should be treated as income and taxes paid as per the tax brackets.

Taxes have to be paid every quarter.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.