I have a debit card tied to my primary checking account with my primary bank, and I use it for ATM withdrawals. I think the insurance on this is dismal; if I lose my debit card I'm liable for my checking account sum. I'd like to improve this. Ideas I have so far are:
- Create a secondary checking account with a small sum that I only use for ATM withdrawals.
- Problems: tricky balance between liability, and avoiding having no money or an overdraft.
- Is an ATM withdrawal from credit card possible so I only carry a credit card?
- Is it possible to have an ATM card with no debit especially at a major bank, or otherwise configure a card to only work as ATM with reasonable withdrawal limits?
- Is another insurance option possible?
Basically is there a sensible option people usually to do avoid this?