I'm a freelance software developer working from home. I work through a single-member LLC registered in New York. I previously lived in New York and paid New York state tax, but I have moved to Florida. One of my clients is still headquartered in New York. Do I have New York source income / have to pay New York state tax while living and working in Florida?

  • Not exactly the same states, but related: money.stackexchange.com/questions/39055/… – Michael Aug 7 '17 at 14:01
  • thanks, appreciate the link. different though, that's an employment situation (W-2 or 1099), which is different to and LLC that is treated as a passthrough entity for tax purposes. – freelancer Aug 7 '17 at 21:23
  • The LLC or you personally? Business vs individual. NYS is actively hunting those whose residency requirements are questionable. Did you have residency in NYS last year? – paulj Mar 26 '19 at 20:37

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.