Consider an individual who:
- is currently working for a short period of time in Japan (~2 months),
- will begin working in Europe directly after,
- and may possibly work in the USA within the next 10 years.
Suppose that the individual has a moderate amount (on the order of hundreds of thousands) of Japanese Yen (JPY) left at the end of their working period in Japan, and they do not expect to travel to Japan within the foreseeable future.
What should this individual do?
- Exchange from JPY to USD,
- exchange from JPY to EUR,
- spend the rest of the money in Japan,
- or somehow pay for goods in other countries with JPY?