There are similar questions but I believe my circumstances are slightly different.

I am a British citizen, from birth, and have been living in Malta for over a year while working for several companies full time paying tax there. Next month I will be starting full time employment for another Maltese company but after 2 weeks I will be moving back to the UK for 5 months before returning to Malta.

I will be getting paid in EUR to my Maltese bank account and intended to transfer to my UK account as required for rent (I am not a home owner). I have both a Maltese social security number and UK national insurance number.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I really don't want to pay tax twice.

  • 2
    I really don't want to pay tax twice You won't be paying tax twice because of double taxation treaty. I will be moving back to the UK for 5 months This will be taken care of by your employer. They need to deduct the correct taxes. gov.uk/tax-uk-income-live-abroad/taxed-twice
    – DumbCoder
    Jul 27 '17 at 9:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.