At the end of 2016, I had a positive income and balance in my S-Corp account. If this money is considered as personal income for tax purposes, should I just transfer that amount over to my personal account? And if so, would that count as a distribution for 2016, or for 2017?


Does the corporation need the money for its ongoing business? If so, don't transfer it. If not, feel free. This decision has nothing to do with whether the corporation made money in any particular year.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.