Now this is slightly complex (at least for me) and also the first time.
Movement between companies:
- I was with Company A till Mid-November 2016.
- Quit Company A and joined Company B in November-End 2016.
- Quit Company B and joined Company A (again) in March-End 2016.
Now the confusion:
- Company A did not deduct any tax in November 2016 as the overall pay for the year was now less since i was moving out before financial year end.
- Company B deducted less tax in the initial months and then adjusted taxes and deducted huge amounts when I declared income from Company A in December 2016 (this is understood)
- Full and Final settlement from Company B has happened in April 2017 - they did not deduct any tax in April 2017 because for this this income from them was under 5L in this new financial year.
- I received joining bonus from Company A when i rejoined in March 2016 - they did not deduct tax because it was credited within a week of me joining and I did not have much time to get the income from Company B considered.
- How do i calculate now how much of tax i need to pay on my own after considering all of the above?
- Till when should I do the balance tax payment?
- How and where exactly to do it? I've never done it myself because in normal circumstances there were helpdesks at the organizations I've worked in and I just used to submit it to them for processing and also have never had complex scenarios like this before.
Any help or pointers in this matter would be great.