I'm just starting a sole proprietorship for making & selling iPhone/Android apps. I expect buyers all over USA/world.
As a traveling performer, my personal location is 50% Florida 50% California, maybe moving towards settling in California.
I want to register my business and open a business bank account. Here's what I think I need to do.
- Establish a street address in Florida or California (plan to use UPS box, which provides a street address)
- Run a week's worth of notifications in newspaper
- Register Fictitious Name with state (DBA)
- Register for an EIN with IRS
- File a trademark application for business name
What am I missing? Even if I get a business mailing address in Florida but I sign a lease in California, do I need to declare the business in California? Do I need to declare it in every state?
How do I prepare to handle income from the app store?