This particular example is from DBC. I see it a lot on low volume stocks and penny stocks. Is there a technical name for these kind of resistance lines / patterns? Is there any way to make sense of it and predict breakouts?

enter image description here

  • 2
    The future price of an item is not predicted by changes in the historical price of an item. – Five Bagger Oct 31 '18 at 12:49

It's called a trading range, and by the looks of the chart it is very illiquid and even though you have not shown the price, it looks like a very tight trading range. I wouldn't trade something this illiquid at all.

Secondly you don't predict a breakout, a breakout is a trigger to take a trade when it happens, i.e. you wait for a breakout before taking a trade in the direction of the breakout.

| improve this answer | |

It is neither a trading range nor a chart pattern. It happens when the stock is not liquid and there is a large gap between the bidding price and selling price. If someone wants to buy, he will have to buy at the selling bid and if someone wants to sell he will have to sell at the bidding price.
The same thing happens in every stock or commodity. but the difference it liquidity.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.