I telecommute and have a W-2 from a company in MD, with MD taxes withheld (box 15). The address on the W-2 is my old address in IL, but I now live in NM. I plan on filing taxes in NM and MD. Do I need to do anything for IL?

  • Did you work anywhere while you were in Illinois? – Ben Miller Feb 17 '17 at 12:36
  • 2
    Did they withhold any state taxes? If so, which state(s)? – kponz Feb 17 '17 at 12:39
  • Wasn't in Illinois - my employer is just painfully slow (like years) to get around to updating addresses and things. – Octavian Feb 17 '17 at 15:44
  • Withheld MD taxes – Octavian Feb 17 '17 at 15:44

If all the taxes were withheld for Maryland, and you lived in New Mexico the whole year, you do not have to file anything in Illinois. You should update your address with your employer.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.